S.W.A.T Laser Tag has been using the same laser tag guns and laser tag equipment and set up since 2010. These high end laser taggers have proven to be robust, exceptionally durable and super reliable. This has allowed our laser tag teams to run laser tag events in most conditions, areas and situations. The laser tag system is so portable and simple to use that we have been able to take the laser quest challenge to people’s homes, school fun days, corporate team builds, festivals and other special occasions.
The laser tag equipment is developed and manufactured in the USA, so quality is assured. The Yanks across the Atlantic Ocean are continuously working at improving the laser tag product, which in a nutshell directly relates into a top notch player experience. They have some awesome innovations in the laser tag pipeline which we know will make it truly exceptional and take the reality aspect to another level. The core focus is on having fun, so simple is better. In the words of the man who created the Lockheed U-2 and SR-71 Blackbird spy planes during the 1950’s – Kelly Johnson – KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID!
Now on to relevant technical information.
Each laser tag gun has an LCD display control box which is placed on the top of the laser tag gun, situated just above the player’s direct line of sight – this makes moving your line of sight between your target and the laser game statistics a simple process. The LCD display on each laser gun informs the player of relevant laser game statistics – all in real live time during the laser game. Some examples are: how much time left in that specific laser round, how much ammo and health is left, how many hits/kills you have made as well as how many hits you have taken.
The trigger action on the laser tag gun is based on a semi automatic action – so one trigger pull one round of ammunition fired.
The laser tag guns ‘communicate’ with each other via infra-red beam technology. The infra red beam – invisible to the human eye – is emitted from the laser tag gun barrel when the player pulls the trigger. In essence all the laser tag guns in the game communicate with each other in this manner, which allows the player to have relevant information on his LCD screen at all times during the laser tag game.
The effective range of the laser tag equipment is very impressive considering the challenges of making any light beam work well in high light situations. In broad daylight we have seen an effective range of 50 – 80 meters from the laser tag guns, whilst at night it is off the charts at about 150 meters plus! The infra red beam is deadly accurate and travels quicker than a conventional bullet, so with the use of the laser tagging sight, it is unlucky if you miss your opponent.
SWAT LASER TAG / GUN INSTRUCTIONS
- The Laser Tag Gun is accurate and can shoot up to 40 meters
- The Box on the gun is the target, you are aiming at the Box on the gun
- When you get shot the Box on the gun will flash Red and Beep for 3 seconds
- During that time, you can’t shoot or be shot
- When you shoot your opponent, the gun will Beep once
- Players will see their game stats during live play
- Players will see their score on total completion of the entire game
- Keep both hands on the Laser Tag Gun at all times as displayed
During Live Game Play your screen will display as below
- K = Kill Shots (Player has 0 Kill Shots but he may have Hits)
- A = Ammunition / Bullets 918
- H = Health (In this example if you get shot 25 times you will be Terminated (Game Over)
- HUNTER is your gun name
- Whoever Hits a player on their last life will be credited with 1 Kill Shot
- 12 min 40 seconds left in the game
When you shoot your opponent or get shot your screen will display as below
During Game Play the player has a shield which protects the player from Direct Fire
fig 1 – When the player points the barrel directly to the ground they are protected from direct fire
fig 2 – The player can now be shot on their forward-facing sensor
fig 3 – The player can be shot from their flank, left and right flank
fig 4 – The player may use obstacles to hide their sensor
When you have been Terminated (Game Over) from the game the following will happen
- Your Gun will stop making the shooting sound when the trigger is squeezed
- Your gun lights will remain stationary Red, (Long Distance Termination Identification)
- Screen will display who Terminated you
- Return to Base / put your gun in the Gun Rack and wait for the game to end to see your score!
On total completion of the entire game you will see your score as below
- Terminations = Kill Shots = If you shoot a player on their last life and terminate them from the game you will then be credited with 1 Kill Shot
- Hits = How Many People you shot (30)
- Shot Count = how many bullets you fired (155)
- Times Hit = how many times you got shot (1)
- Accuracy is a % of people hit to bullets fired
- Top Player will be the person who scored the most Hits in that round
SWAT Laser Tag Units:
Manufacturer: Tippmann Sports, USA
Weight: 1.67 kg’s
Length: 48 cm
Effective Range in high light environments: 50 – 80 meters
Effective Range is low light environments: 70 – 100 meters
Effective range in dark environments: 150 meters plus
Modeled on: M4 Assault Rifle
Firing Mode: Semi-automatic
Built in gaming Console: Yes
In Game Real Time stats: Yes
Able to operate under rainy and adverse conditions: Yes
Gun2Gun communication: Yes
Age recommendations: 8 and older (7 turning 8 is fine)
Now on to game play.
Unless we are running a very large lasertag event, we typically divide the players into two teams and play various style scenario games, beginning with an orientation ‘easy’ level and working our way up to more challenging levels throughout the laser tag event. Each player is issued with a vest to determine what team they are on. Each team also gets laser tag guns that are identifiable for their specific team – typically ‘code red’ and ‘code green’ laser tag guns. Furthermore the laser tag guns all have code names which appear on the laser tag’s LCD screen – for example Charlie, Bravo and Foxtrot. This signifies to the player exactly who on the ‘enemy’ side just lit them up. This allows players to settle those scores and target a specific member of the opposition.
During game play
- When you shoot an opponent the control box on your laser tag gun makes a sound (1 beep), flashes red for a few seconds and displays the code name of the opponent on your LCD screen to show you hit the enemy. (for example, You have hit Bravo)
- When you are hit by an opponent the control box on your laser tag gun makes a sound (3 beeps), flashes red for about 2 seconds and the LCD screen displays the hit (for example, Hit By Bravo)
SWAT LASER TAG Rules Of Fair Play
- Play To Win / Lose Like A Gentleman
- Don’t Be A Bully
- No Trolling
- Both Hands On The Gun Grips And Gun In Front Of You
How To Play Laser Tag Properly And Win
- Listen To Your Coaches Tactical Instruction
- Long Distance Shooting Is Your Best Weapon
- Accuracy And Aiming Is Your Best Friend
- Use Your Shield As Instructed In Daylight Conditions
- Use The Natural Terrain As Instructed
- Camping Is Allowed
- Ambush Is Allowed
- Sneak Attack Is Allowed
- Hit And Run Is Allowed
- Guerrilla Warfare Is Allowed
- Team Work Is Advised
Trolling Is Not In The Spirit Of The Game!
You May Not Follow One Person Around The Entire Game And Just Shoot Them. Shoot Them Once Twice And Then Move On To The Next Target.
If You Are Shooting Your Opponent From Long Distance, Then Shoot Them As Many Times As You Wish. If Your Opponent Has A Gun In Their Hand And They Are In The Game, Then They Are There To Be Shot. But, If You Can Clearly See You Are Upsetting A Player. Please Stop And Go Shoot Someone Else. Don’t Be A Bully.
Keep Calm Have Fun And Play Laser Tag.
The SWAT Laser Tag Team.
The laser tag guns are fully customizable to allow for many type of mock battle scenarios. For example: unlimited or limited lives, unlimited ammo or limited ammo, how long each laser tag game will run for, whether to introduce medic laser tag guns into the game, realistic or not ……..whatever you prefer. If you can imagine it we can play it!!
The major difference that laser games has to paintball games is that the laser guns project harmless infra red beams and can be played virtually anywhere – day or night. Due to this there is no need for uncomfortable and cumbersome protective clothing, so moving around the laser tag combat field is as easy as taking a stroll through the local park. Paintball definitely has its place and it does provide some serious doses of adrenaline, but for those younger kids and people in general looking for the ‘less intense’ experience, then SWAT Laser Tag is for you……no more misted up goggles and more importantly – no more aches, pains and golf ball sized bruises!!
Laser Tag War Games brings out the best in its competitors and if you are looking to build team spirit, camaraderie and nourish those leadership skills then look no further. Teamwork is the order of the day and good communication and a sound strategy will see you win the war!
If you enjoy the thrill of mental and physical activity and are up to the challenge of taking on the ‘enemy’ then laser tag games is for you! Our system is mobile, safe and ‘green friendly’ and due to this it can be played at most outdoor and indoor venues. All we leave behind are footprints and fond memories.
Normal Duration: 2 Hours (Remember that we are happy to discuss any scenario you may want to play so just get in touch with us and we will customise your SWAT Laser Tag experience as best we can).
You can download invites and certificates here
You can view our lasertag venues by clicking here